Real Neat Blog Award: July 2018July 18, 2018 0 By mattdoylemedia
Welcome, one and all, to another blog award tag! This time around, Arthifis has graciously nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. So, a big thank you for that! And sorry it’s taken since April to get around to doing it. Let’s see what the rules are …
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers
- Ask them 7 questions
That all seems easy enough. Let’s have a look at what the questions are.
Go to your very first post you have written! Tell us what is it about, share the link and tell us if you think you have developed your writing by a lot or is it yet the same?
Now, this is interesting. Strictly speaking, the very first thing I posted was the lead page for my first novel, WICK. Basically, it was a way to advertise the book. It had the full blurb, a copy fo the cover and a buy link. It’s changed a bit since then and been revamped with a nicer pic and some review quotes. If you’re interested in it, the story follows five pro card players as they compete in a major tournament. All five have different reasons to paly and different issues in their personal lives, and they’re all affected by an AI named Carnival. Basically, imagine a mix between Yu-Gi-Oh!, WWE, some AI philosophy and a hint of furry (the AI isn’t human, but the players are).
Now, if you’re looking for my first non-book related post, it was actually an anime review, in this case for D-Frag! Looking back on it, it really saw the start of what was my long-standing format for anime reviews. I do think that I’ve developed since then. When you see the longer style reviews that I did for YUSIBU and Skip Beat!, the wording is a little neater, I think. I was really finding ym way with regards to how to present my thoughts then though, so it’s all cool.
What was your last post about?
It was a book spotlight. I get a fair few of these right now, sometimes through blog tour companies, and sometimes when people contact me directly. This was a direct contact one. I like these posts though as they’re simple to set up and they help fellow authors get their work out there in front of people.
What is your favorite post you have written so far?
That’s a tough one. I’m really happy with how all the new lead pages for the books have turned, especially Addict. I would say that my absolute favourites though are probably either the Digimon Tri Our Future Speculation post or my Dogman: Fact or Fiction? post. Both were fun to do and allowed me to go in depth with a few things.
What are your 3 favourite characters from all time? It can be from everywhere!
Hmm … now this is a difficult one. Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise springs to mind first because he’s been a favourite of mine since I was little. He’s equal parts cute and cool! In keeping with the fox theme, Renamon in Digimon Tamers anime, because not only was she cool, she really helped drive Ruki/Rika’s story arc. I was also really fond of Ellen Ripley in the Alien films. I loved her as a protagonist. She was smart and resourceful, and you couldn’t help but get behind her.
What is a place you would love to travel? Either Real or Fantasy!
Japan is the big one. I love the culture and would really like to see it all first-hand. Visiting a temple and checking out a few shopping areas would be high on my list of things to do, along with seeing the fox village!
If you had to drop out one of your hobbies entirely what would you choose and why?
Ya know, I wouldn’t. All my hobbies and interests serve purposes for me, so dropping one without a good reason wouldn’t feel right.
Favourite Game/Anime? Depending on what your Blog is about (or you can just say both Anime and Game xD)
I write about both, so I’ll name one from both. The answer to this changes quite a bit over time. Looking at long-standing favourites though, I’ll go with Sonic 3 and Knuckles on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis as my favourite game. I always go back to that one. In terms of anime, I’ll say Black Lagoon right now. It has the right balance of action, story and fun characters to keep me interested. Both answer will probably be different in a week or so though.
And so ends my answers. Next up, some nominations. I have a few fo these to do this month, so I won’t be filling the full quota, but … :
Feel free to join in or not as you wish. If you do want to play along, here are my questions:
- Which fictional character – from any medium – would you most hate to dream about, and why?
- The hypothetical dream from question one has ended, and you wake up to find yourself staring into a volcano. What is the first thing that you think of?
- It turns out the volcano from question two is named Steve. It wasn’t its original name, but it changed it at a alter date because Steve felt like a better fit. Anyway, Steve feels bad for shocking you and offers to buy you any one time of clothing that you wish. What do you choose?
- Having obtained the clothing in question three, where is the first place that you will wear it?
- You visit the place from question four and you meet a fictional character that is the polar opposite of the character from question one. Who is it?
- Out of nowhere, a song starts. Close your eyes and listen. Which song is it?
- Can you hear any words if you play the song from question six backwards?
If you enjoy my content, then please consider supporting me with a donation! There are multiple ways you can do this.
If you choose to support me on Patreon, you'll be able to get some cool perks, including exclusive content. Or, if you don't want to commit to monthly payments, you can make a one-time donation through Ko-Fi or PayPal!
All money received goes towards keeping the site running and allowing me to focus on my various projects. So, if you can help out, just hit your preferred button below! Thank you.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)