Mystery Blogger AwardFebruary 7, 2018 18 By mattdoylemedia
‘Tis the season for some awards, fa-la-la-la-la la-la la la. Retro Redress has nominated me for a Mystery Blogger Award. Here’s a big thank you to you, it’s much appreciated!
Now, the rules: Display the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominator.
- Nominate from 10 to 20 bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
I’m going to take a leaf out of Retro Redress’s book here to fill the third criteria above:
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Which means the next step is to say three things about myself.
- I drink alcohol maybe twice a year, if that. I used to drink as a teen, but various events put me off it. Now, I’m almost entirely alcohol free.
- The last few years have been really important for me because I have wanted to write novels for a very long time. I was one of the ‘advanced readers’ in school, and started reading Discworld when I was about ten-ish I believe. Ever since then, I’ve wanted to write stories that would entertain people and give them the sort of enjoyment that books gave me.
- There are lots of really popular things that I just don’t get the appeal of. For example: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? Full of unlikable and dull characters and a lack of depth in the one concept in the story that I wanted to see explored. Gurren Lagann? Felt really inconsistent, and the characters did nothing but annoy or bore me. Mario 64? Clunky to pick up and not near as nice to look at as it probably was when it was new. It all evens out though, as plenty of my favourites don’t always sit so high up on people’s lists. Sonic Forces, Alien 3 Director’s Cut, and Dogs: Bullets and Carnage are all excellent in my opinion, for example.
Now, onto the questions …
1 – Do you follow a sports team? (I’m an Everton fan, though my interest has waned of late!) – Hmm … I used to avidly follow football (or soccer if you prefer) when I was a kid. My interest dropped over the years though, and I really only follow the internationals now. Given that the Republic of Ireland don’t always qualify for tournaments, I don’t get to see many of those either. If you class pro wrestling as a sport at all, then I keep up with plenty of that.
2 – Do you have any tattoos? If not, what tattoo would you get? (I haven’t got any, though I’d love to get one…just not sure what to get) – I haven’t yet. I always said that I’d wait until there was a design that I wanted for more than a year before taking the plunge. As it is, I’ll likely eventually get some wolf and fox paw prints running over the curve of my stomach. It’s a feminine tattoo, I know, but I always loved designs like that.
3 – If you could share an apartment with any video game/film/TV character, who would it be and why? (I reckon Max Payne would be pretty quiet and there would always be painkillers available) – Tails from the Sonic franchise. He’s my favourite character of all time, and he’d probably invite the other characters around too, so it’d be one big ol’ Sonic party for me.
4 – What’s the saddest song you’ve ever heard? (Nutshell by Alice in Chains for me, especially the Unplugged version) – oh crikey, there are so many. I like sad songs. It’s a tour de force of pain.
5 – What would the title of your autobiography be? (Mine would just be ‘Redression’ with a picture of me made from copies of Dynamite Dux) – I would probably take my usual answer to ‘describe yourself in five words’. Matt Doyle: You’ve Probably Known Worse People.
A link to my best post, eh? For the sheer popularity of it, I’m going to say that Digimon Adventure Tri: Our Future Speculation is my best. I was honestly shocked by how many hits I got on that.
Which brings me to my nominees and questions. Nominee-wise, I’ll got with:
I know, I know, I never hit the required number, but that’s just me. Anyway, my questions are:
- What is the single greatest purchase you have ever made?
- If you could have one song play as entrance music every time you entered a room, what would it be?
- You are asked to paint an interpretation of the modern world. What would your painting look like?
- Favourite and least favourite genres of music?
- You are turned into a popular anime character for one week, but it isn’t one that you’d like to be. Who have you turned into, and who would you have preferred to turn into?
If you enjoy my content, then please consider supporting me with a donation! There are multiple ways you can do this.
If you choose to support me on Patreon, you'll be able to get some cool perks, including exclusive content. Or, if you don't want to commit to monthly payments, you can make a one-time donation through Ko-Fi or PayPal!
All money received goes towards keeping the site running and allowing me to focus on my various projects. So, if you can help out, just hit your preferred button below! Thank you.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)