Catherine Lundoff has a new lesbian paranormal fantasy out, Wolves of Wolf’s Point book 2: Blood Moon. And there’s a giveaway!
The Return of the Menopausal Werewolves.
The Wolf’s Point werewolf pack, born from the magic that calls small groups of middle-aged women to embrace their inner and outer wolves, has been protecting the town for generations.
Now Becca Thornton and the Pack have their hands (and paws) full of all the trouble they can handle. Plus a bit extra. Pack member Erin Adams just found a dead body in the trunk of her car and confessed to murder. But no one’s sure who the victim is and Erin can’t remember what happened. Did Erin fall off the wagon and murder a former foe? She doesn’t trust herself and Becca’s beginning to have her doubts.
If that wasn’t enough, Becca’s ex-husband sold their old house and their new neighbors are clearly up to something. Can the Pack solve the mystery and clear Erin’s name before the next full moon? Or do the town’s new residents have other plans?
About the Series:
Welcome to the town of Wolf’s Point where menopause can kick off with a few additional changes, like bonus lycanthropy. Join Pack members Becca Thornton, Erin Adams and their friends as they fend off werewolf hunters and sundry folks of ill intent while preserving the town for the coming generations. And contend with coming out at midlife, recovery, transitioning, falling in love, making friends and building community.
Publisher | Amazon | Amazon UK | Amazon CAN | iBooks | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Universal Link | Smashwords | Goodreads
Catherine is giving away a $20 Queen of Swords Press gift card with this tour:
a Rafflecopter giveawayhttps://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Direct Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/b60e8d47174/?
Wolf’s Point: a town in a mountain valley where some women of a certain age go through more than a few physical metamorphoses. The local werewolves are the traditional defenders of the valley, their transformations shaped by the valley’s magic. Time: the present, variously defined. A few months ago, Becca Thornton, divorced and newly turned fifty, found herself changing more than she could have ever imagined when she joined the Pack. With her help, the werewolves survived their greatest threat to their existence when one of their former members returned to wreak vengeance on those she thought had destroyed her life. She offered them a choice between a dangerous cure and certain death. Becca was part of that victory but it cost her a home and other things that she cherished from her past.
But now the werewolf hunters were gone, expelled from the valley by forces magical and mundane, so everyone’s life could go back to normal. Whatever that was.
Erin Adams looked out at the mountains and tried not to think about what was in the trunk of her car. At least the mountains around Wolf’s Point were still as beautiful as ever. She wondered if she’d ever get the chance to run through them again, feel the wind in her fur, the ground flying by under her paws. The Pack at her side.
That thought was enough to make her look back at her car. Erin rubbed her aching forehead with one hand and closed her eyes. This was, without question, the worst thing she’d ever done. Even if she couldn’t remember doing it.
But maybe there was still time to call Shelly and get her help to figure a way out of this mess that she’d blundered into. That was what Pack Alphas did, or so Shelly kept reminding her. But that might make Shelly an accessory if they got caught. Or rather, when she got caught. Erin closed her eyes for an instant; lying was never a thing she’d been good at or wanted to get good at. Anyone she called would almost certainly go down with her.
That thought weighed her down like a rock. The Pack couldn’t afford to be without its Alpha so soon after they got her back, not to mention what it would do to Pete and the kids. There was no way that she could drag Shelly into this.
Her thoughts turned to Becca, waded through a jumbled mess of emotions and came back with a single realization: they’d suspect her first. Becca was her friend, her housemate. Her…something they still hadn’t defined, but which felt more like girlfriend every day. Her stomach did a slow, leisurely flip when she thought about that and she almost smiled. But this wasn’t the time to think about Becca. She couldn’t afford to be distracted, to be vulnerable. Not now.
Maybe there was another solution, a way to hide what had happened. But then what? She’d still know and she’d have to carry the burden of what she’d done, alone. And she knew where that road led. Falling off the wagon to cope with her guilt wasn’t an option, either.
Besides, if she ditched the body out here and it was found, the regular wolves would certainly get blamed for it. The new governor was already pushing for a wolf hunting season and that would put things right over the edge. She didn’t want that on her conscience either; the wild wolves were kin as much as they were cover for the Pack and important for the local ecology.
Erin ran her fingers through her short-cropped brown hair, wondering if there was anyone else she could turn to. But she couldn’t think of any other Pack member who’d be able to do anything about this situation, not more than she could do herself, anyway. It certainly wasn’t the sort of thing that her AA sponsor had signed up for, or any of her friends, for that matter. So she was on her own. There was nothing for it but to lie in the bed she’d made for herself.
She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and selected a contact. “Hi. It’s Erin. I’ve done something…I need…can you come up to Spruce Point? Yes, it’s important. I want you to see it before Sheriff Henderson does.”
She clicked the phone off and glanced toward the road. Nothing to do now but wait.
“20 Random Facts about Becca and Erin”
Catherine Lundoff – Blood Moon Blog Tour
Becca and Erin are the characters at the heart of my Wolves of Wolf’s Point books, Silver Moon and Blood Moon. They are both in their early fifties, they turn into werewolves once a month and they are both loyal to their Pack and their Alpha, Shelly. They are a new couple, feeling their way through the challenges of coming out and starting a new relationship at midlife and all that goes with those things. Becca is also coming out as bisexual while Erin has been out as a lesbian for some time.
More fun things about Erin and Becca:
- Erin is five years sober and has just earned her chip. She is close to her sponsor and her friends from AA, but they don’t appear in the first two books, beyond getting mentioned in passing.
- Becca has never owned/been owned by a dog before. She and Erin just adopted Clyde, their new Lab-mix puppy.
- Erin’s ex is a good friend of hers, but she hasn’t made an appearance yet because she and her wife live elsewhere.
- Erin had a brief relationship with Molly, the local bi poly postal worker/werewolf when she moved back to Wolf’s Point, but they decided they were better off as friends than romantic partners.
- Becca’s parents died a few years ago and she has cousins living in a nearby town.
- Erin’s parents are still alive but they had trouble with her coming out and so they’re not close. They no longer live near Wolf’s Point.
- Becca’s favorite color is royal blue.
- Erin likes plaid, but Becca does not.
- Becca reads romance novels and histories and Erin reads mysteries, fantasy and books about science.
- They both like old movies and mystery series.
- Becca’s had more jobs than she can count before landing at Peterson’s Hardware in Wolf’s Point. Her ex-husband, Ed, had a sales job so they moved around a lot.
- Wolf’s Point has a wolf preserve at the edge of town and both Erin and Becca have gone there for events.
- Erin has worked as an accountant for twenty years and started her own accounting business eight years ago.
- Becca has become very interested in Native American culture and history since moving to Wolf’s Point and wants to learn more.
- Erin was a star basketball player on Wolf’s Point High School’s girl’s basketball team. The other teams around the state called the school “Howling High” and the nickname stuck.
- Becca’s favorite thing about Wolf’s Point from before she joined the Pack was hanging out at the Women’s Club and volunteering. She’s eager to see it rebuilt after it was torched by the bad guys in Silver Moon.
- They both like to hike and try new outdoor activities (thereby proving that neither one is my alter egos).
- Erin likes to do some woodworking and Becca likes to do small art projects.
- Erin has travelled to England, Spain and Ireland. Becca has lived all over the U.S. and has been to Canada and Mexico.
- Both of them really like trying out new restaurants and supporting old favorites, too, like Millie’s Pies, China Dragon (Mrs. Hui’s family’s restaurant) and El Rincon Mexican Café.
Some of this stuff I didn’t know about before I sat down to write this! I hope your readers find it intriguing enough to want to learn more. Thanks so much for hosting me!
Catherine Lundoff is an award-winning writer, editor and publisher based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Her short stories and articles have appeared in numerous venues from Fireside Magazine to Sherlock Holmes and the Occult Detectives. Her books include the Wolves of Wolf’s Point series: Silver Moon and Blood Moon, Unfinished Business: Tales of the Dark Fantastic, Out of This World: Queer Speculative Fiction Stories, A Day at the Inn, A Night at the Palace and Other Stories, Crave and Night’s Kiss. She is also the editor of the anthologies Scourge of the Seas of Time (and Space) and Haunted Hearths and Sapphic Shades: Lesbian Ghost Stories and co-editor (with JoSelle Vanderhooft) of Hellebore and Rue: Tales of Queer Women and Magic.
In addition, she writes erotica and erotic romance as Emily L. Byrne, including the novel Medusa’s Touch and the short story collections Desire and Knife’s Edge. She is also the publisher at Queen of Swords Press, a genre fiction publisher specializing in fiction from out of this world and she teaches writing and editing workshops at the Rambo Academy, Broad Universe and other venues.
Author Website: https://www.catherinelundoff.net
Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/Clundoff/
Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/clundoff
Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/670244.Catherine_Lundoff
Author Liminal Fiction (LimFic.com): https://www.limfic.com/mbm-book-author/catherine-lundoff/