Welcome, one and all, to the November round-up. November has been a bit up and down for me in the real world, so I’ve not been as active as I’d like. There was still plenty of content though! As always, we’re going to be starting with the usual list. So, let’s get to it …
Top five most viewed posts
My review of the tenth issue of IDW’s Sonic comic drops straight in at number five. It was a really excellent issue, so I’m glad to see the post get some love.
Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by this trailer. I’m actually a lot more hyped for the film now than I expected to be. I mean, fluffy Pikachu and Charizard drool! What more could you want?
Consensual bara yaoi with a variety of monster boys? It’s a great way to sell this marvellously illustrated title.
Once again, this post hits the top five. I’m really proud of it, to be fair, so that’s great to see. I am a little surprised that it still gets so much attention though.
For the second month in a row, my review of Rick Griffin’s awesome graphic novel is my most viewed post. It’s an excellent comic.
But that wasn’t all that went live this month. Let’s check out …
All Posts for the month
- Green Death by Madeleine Ribbon [Book Spotlight – Dystopian / Sci-Fi / MM Romance]
- October 2018 Round-Up
- Love and Lies [Anime Review – Romance / Drama]
- Bound by Blood by Lisa Oliver [Book Spotlight – Vampire / MM Romance]
- Guest Post: Bound by Blood excerpt by Lisa Oliver
- Bump by Matthew J. Metzger [Book Spotlight – Contemporary / MM Romance / Trans]
- A Fated Bond by T.L. West [Book Spotlight – Paranormal / Vampire / Shifter]
- Flash Sale: Addict (The Cassie Tam Files 1) is 50% off November 6-12
- The Rising Tide by J. Scott Coatsworth [Book Spotlight – Sci-Fi / MM Romance]
- Guest Post: I Am An Imposter By J. Scott Coatsworth
- The Duke and The Deadbeat by Gregory L Norris [Book Spotlight – Contemporary / MM Romance]
- Achievement Unlocked: Celebration Event
- 30 Day Anime Challenge: #30 – An Anime I Wish Never Ended And Continued On
- Guest Post: The Best Anime Characters that Love Drinking by Patrick Bailey
- The Grimoire of Zero [Anime Review – Fantasy]
- The Diablo Immortal Announcement: My Thoughts On What Went Down Afterwards
- Granblue Fantasy The Animation Part 1 [Anime Review – Adventure / Fantasy]
- Author Interview: LJ Hamlin
- Sonic the Hedgehog #10 [IDW Publishing] – Comic Review
- A Deceptive Alliance by Sydney Blackburn [Book Spotlight – Fantasy / MM Romance]
- Pokémon Detective Pikachu Trailer Reaction
- Blood Red Roulette by Jana Denardo [Book Spotlight – Paranormal / MM Romance]
- Vampirism in Blood Red Roulette By Jana Denardo [Guest Post]
- Spells and Stardust by J. Scott Coatsworth [Cover Reveal – Sci-Fi/Fantasy Anthology / LGBT]
- Irresistable Indigo by Jessamyn Kingley [Book Spotlight – Fantasy / MM Romance / Paranormal]
- Reminder: Q&A Open Until 21st November
- Top 10 … Games I’d Like To See On A SEGA Dreamcast Mini
- The Awakening by A Drew [Book Spotlight – Horror / LGBT]
- No Game No Life Zero [Anime Review – Fantasy / Drama / Romance]
- Awesome review for The Fox, The Dog, and The King
- Holiday Novella Spotlights [Fantasy / Paranormal / LGBT / Holiday Romance]
- Daughter Of The Sun by Effie Calvin [Book Spotlight – Fantasy / Pansexual / FF]
- Author Interview – r.r. campbell
- Accounting For It All by r.r. campbell [Book Spotlight – Contemporary / Bi]
- Top 5 … Retro Toon Openings
- This Time by Azaaa Davis [Book Spotlight – Urban Fantasy]
- How Has Mobile Shopping Changed Our Society? by Niall Bennet (Guest Post)
- Theoretical Design Change
- Crunchyroll Of The Dice 2018 SF: BTOOOM! vs. Recovery Of An MMO Junkie
- FLASH SALE: The Cassie Tam Files is discounted
- Ithani by J. Scott Coatsworth [Cover Reveal]
- Higurashi: When They Cry Kai [Anime Review – Horror / Mystery / Supernatural]
- How We Sell Our Souls by Emilie Lucadamo [Book Spotlight – Paranormal Romance / Male/Non-Binary Romance]
- 30 Day Gaming Challenge: #30 – My Favourite Game Of All Time
Now, onto the stuff that I have coming up. As far as my various projects go, it’s pretty much as follows …
It’s got a new lick of paint, hasn’t it? I had a few issues this month, mostly due to my SSL certificate causing some unexpected problems for the site’s visibility. That’s all sorted now though, so it’s fine. Once that was done though, I started thinking about the lay-out. The thing is, I do cover a ton of different things, and I know that not everyone wants to read all of it. So, the new design should make it easier to focus on the stuff that you want to see. Let me know what you think! I quite like it, but if it’s universally hated or anything, I can try something else easily enough.
December will feature a good mix of things. I had a bunch of different anime reviews to do for this month, there’s some gaming content, comics, and a whole bunch of book tours that I’m acting as a stop on. My hope is to move to writing a lot more timely posts like the Detective Pikachu one too, but it all comes down to time.
LV48 is due out on the tenth! Expect a post soon. This is the third book in my Cassie Tam Files series and see the titular PI facing off with a tech-suited vampire. It was really fun to work on because I got to mess around with some scientific theories relating to conservation of momentum, and the effects of light and audio on our emotions. It also introduces the core villain for the series and sets Cassie off down the path that ultimately plays out in the fifth and final book. It also has a little more development for Cassie and Lori’s relationship.
I’ve not had the time to finish MOTT (The Spark Form Chronicles 4). It needs to be set up in the right format, and I need to do the cover. After that, I’ll be looking to find a suitable artist for the collected edition’s cover and trying to get it set up on Ingram etc. It’s a long road, so I can pretty much guarantee I’ll mist my planned December release for it, but what can you do?
A webstore is coming. I have a few designs for shirts and stuff, and I’m just looking into a few distribution options. Once that’s done, I’ll be setting up a store page so that I can sell the various print items (including signed paperbacks) via the site. Look out for that in the new year.
And … that’s about it for now. Thanks for reading everyone! Let me know in the comments below if you had a favourite post this month.