Welcome, one and all, to another blog award tag! This time around, I’m looking at a One Lovely Blog Award, as nominated by Matt-In-The-Hat! Thank you kindly for that and apologies for taking so long! I do enjoy doing these things. Let’s see what the rules are …
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the 11 questions they ask.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family.
- Ask them 11 questions that you are dying for the answer to!
So, onto the questions!
- What is your favorite post on your blog?
That’s a tough one. I’m really happy with how all the new lead pages for the books have turned out, especially Addict. I would say that my absolute favourites though are probably either the Digimon Tri Our Future Speculation post or my Dogman: Fact or Fiction? post. Both were fun to do and allowed me to go in depth with a few things.
- Do you have a song that defines yourself?
Not one specifically, no. The closest was probably ‘Hopeful, useless, Lonely Singer’ by Luke Sital-Singh because I too would rather lose but put my whole heart to something than cheat to win. I can’t seem to find it online though. I generally get a connection not sections of songs more than whole ones in that regard.
- What anime characters represents you?
Again, no one in particular is a perfect match. In the 30 Day Anime Challenge, I picked Rock from Black Lagoon because I do view myself as an ordinary person in an extraordinary world. I have my bad habits, but I somehow pull through in spite of them.
- If you played video games, which game do you play the most?
Now, this one varies depending on the week. Of late though, it’s been Sonic Forces on the Xbox One. I’m working through the ring collector challenges at the moment and trying my hand at some speed running.
- What is anime what you think people don’t like, but you do?
Usually, I get the opposite problem; people love a show and I just can’t quite see it. Okay, I don’t think people specifically dislike this one, but certainly a lot of people don’t seem to have given it a chance: Our Home’s Fox Deity aka Wagaya No Oinari-Sama. It’s an odd little mish-mash of styles that doesn’t seem to know whether it wants to be a supernatural shōnen series, a slice of life, or a harem show. It works really well though and is quite a bit of fun in my opinion.
- What is the recent movie you seen you regret watching?
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. I know, I know, it’s not really recent, but that’s the most recent one that I’ve come close to regretting wasting my time on. The fight scenes were fun enough, but everything else? Meh. It bored me. The characters were either dull, unlikable, or both, and the only concept in the whole thing that interested me was only touched upon rather than explored. Honestly can’t understand the hype.
- Which comic universe do you prefer, Marvel or DC comics?
Both have their pros and cons. I think that Marvel tend to be more consistent, but I prefer the darker end of DC. IDW still have my favourite comics universe though.
- What is your hobbies besides blogging?
Oh, so many things! Obviously, I write novels and stories. I also do crossplay/cosplay and art. I like to sing too.
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
I’m closer to a night owl as it tends to be cooler by the afternoon. I don’t do well in the heat. Or the cold.
- Do you have a favorite cartoon you like to watch?
The Loud House is great fun, as is The Amazing World of Gumball. I love watching those with my youngest. Chowder too is a blast.
- What is your favorite thing to watch on YouTube?
Most recently, Markiplier’s let’s plays. He comes across as a really nice guy and always entertains me. Because Science by Kyle Hill – where pop culture is explored scientifically – is also a blast.
And so ends my answers. Next up, some nominations. Again, I’ve donea few of these this month, so i’m not doing the full amount:
Feel free to join in or not as you wish. If you do want to paly along, here are my questions:
- Count to seven but miss a number. Which number did you miss?
- Why did you miss that one in particular? The number is feeling very upset and would like an explanation.
- Your explanation was satisfactory, so now you can fly (because why not). You have enough power to fly anywhere, but it’s a one-way trip. Where do you go?
- What are your top three movies that you’ve watched in last three years?
- If all three movies from question four were combined into a dodgy B-Movie cross-over, what would it be called?
- Do you prefer CG or practical effects in movies?
- What three songs would you recommend to anyone, and why?
- What was the last thing that you removed from your pocket?
- What is the number one musical instrument that you either like to play or would like to learn?
- How many pencils is too many?
- What is your favourite pastime?