Sunshine Blogger AwardMay 17, 2018 0 By mattdoylemedia
Welcome, one and all, to another blog award posting! This time around, I’m thanking The Codex: Online for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, joy, warmth and any other emotions that you feel when you think about the sun.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now, onto the questions for me!
- Favourite video game protagonist?
This one is easy: Tails from the Sonic franchise. I always did love that fuzzy little fox.
- What is the best part of your day, everyday?
Honestly? I’m in a good place right now, so pretty much everything is great. If I had to pick … then any time I get to be creative. Whether it be working on a book, a story, a site post, a costume, a piece of art, or something else entirely, I love doing it.
- In your opinion, who is the most diabolical video game baddie and why?
Hmm … now this one is a bit harder. I’m going to go with the xenomorph in Alien Isolation though. That thing is terrifying, merciless, and pure evil as far as I’m concerned.
- If you could share one successful blogging practice with the community, what would it be?
Don’t get deterred. We all have slower months when posts are harder to write or hits just aren’t coming, but don’t give up on it. Push on, strive for consistency, and you’ll find your audience.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Why?
Now, I do enjoy Star Wars. I have many fond memories watching the films as a kid at Christmas. But, Star Trek takes it. I grew up with The Next Generation, and that crew in particular really drew me in and pretty much enthralled me with their adventures. There were some really inspirational quotes to come out of it too.
- What was your favourite movie of 2017 and what movie are you most looking forward to seeing in 2018?
It’s awful, but I rarely get to see any new films these days. Most of what I watched in 2017 was released prior to that year. Of the films I watched for the first time that year though, I would say either Deadpool or The Conjuring 2 were my favourites. As to 2018, Deadpool 2 looks fun, and Infinity War should hopefully be good. The one I’m most looking forward to though is The Predator.
- This question will be Madlibs style. Fill in the blanks with the funniest/most clever answers you can:
– NOTE: This is neither funny nor clever, but I’m watching a particularly bad film while I’m writing, and it’s seeping in –
After a quick trip to your local game store, you’ve just arrived home with your prize in hand. Killer Klowns From Outer Space Return has everyone talking; it’s going to be the Point And Click Game of the year! The disc boots up without a problem and after taking a half hour to create your character named Gordy The Candy Floss Vendor, you utter a single epic line of monologue as you take your first steps into a new world: Send in the clowns, bay-bay!
- Do you prefer to binge watch a new show or watch it over a period of time?
It depends on the series. If it’s a short run thing with either small numbers of episodes or short running times, I prefer to binge watch. If the episodes go long, then I prefer to spread it out.
- Blink 182 once wrote that nobody likes you when you’re 23. For those who are over 23, how did that year of your life treat you? For those younger than 23, what do you expect? For anyone who is currently 23, how’s life?
That was a good year. My youngest was born, work was steady, and everything in my life was pretty stable. It was only a year and a bit after a truly terrible year too, so it made it all the better.
- What are the top three to-do’s on your bucket list?
Hmm … visit Japan, attend a convention as a guest rather than an attendee, and finally finish creating another video game.
- If you could travel back through time to experience one event, meet one person or visit one place with no consequences of your being there: what would you like to experience, who would you like to meet and where would you like to visit?
This is always a tough question because there have been so many great moments in history, and so many wonderful people. So, in keeping with my effort to say something different every time I answer this one, I’ll say that I’d love to be on set when they filmed The Warriors. I know, I know, it’s hardly a significant event, but I love that film, and would love to see what it was like creating it.
So, there we have it! Another blog award done. As with my other post this month, I’m not nominating anyone myself this time around, but anyone who wants to is welcome to answer the same questions if they want.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)