Welcome, one and all, to Matt Doyle Media Dot Com’s September 2017 round-up/October 2017 projects update. So, what’s been going on? What’s still to come? Let’s find out!
As always, we’ll be kicking off with the month in review.
Postings for October 2017
This month, we’re going to start with a run-down of my top five most popular postings for the month.
5) Cozmo by Anki – The adorable little bot had a good run of hits and came it at five this month. Honestly, i’m not surprised. He’s a wonderful little blighter.
4) 30 Day Gaming Challenge: #8 – Best Soundtrack – My pick for best video game OST came in fourth this month. What can I say? That’s the power of FFVII.
3) Book Review: North Sea Hunters by Brad Harmer-Barnes & Guest Post: How Spanish Culture Influences My Writing by Laura Bailo – A joint third place for the book type posts this month. Brad’s book is rather fun, and I definitely recommend it. Meanwhile, Laura’s guest post is an interesting look at one of her influences.
2) Author Interview: Mark J. Engels – I thoroughly enjoyed interviewing Mark, so it’s nice to see this come so high. He’s a nice guy, very talented, and the interview is an interesting read.
1) Book Review: Always Gray In Winter by Mark J Engels – And Mark takes the top spot too! Paranormal Military Sci-Fi ruled the roost this month. If werecats, intrigue, and a memorable cast sounds up your street, give it a look in!
Of course, those weren’t the only postings last month. The summary of all posts for October is as follows:
- Month in Review September 2017 / Projects Update October 2017
- The X-Files (Season 1): Thoughts and top ten episodes
- Way Cool Wednesday: 4th October 2017
- Power Metal; Oh, How I Love Thee
- Short Story: Skrip
- Sasuke 34 Predictions
- Sasuke 34: Prediction Results
- Crunchyroll of the Dice 2017 3rd Place Play-Off: Miss Koboyashi’s Dragon Maid vs. Flip Flappers
- 30 Day Anime Challenge: #9 – Your Favourite Anime Villain
- Manga vs. Anime: Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin
- 30 Day Anime Challenge: #10 – Your Favourite Fighter Anime
- Tokyo Ghoul: The Live Action Movie – How Hopeful Am I?
- Guest Post by J.S. Fields: Science fiction is an integrated art, damn it
- Book Review: North Sea Hunters by Brad Harmer-Barnes
- Book Review: Always Gray In Winter by Mark J Engels
- Author Interview: Mark J. Engels
- Guest Post: How Spanish Culture Influences My Writing by Laura Bailo
- Retro First Impressions: Rainbow Islands (Amiga – 1990)
- 30 Day Gaming Challenge: #8 – Best Soundtrack
- Cozmo by Anki
- Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero – Pirate Queen’s Quest DLC
- Top 3 Scary Things To Come Out Of The Sonic Franchise
- Addict and the 2017 Rainbow Awards
- Halloween 2017: The Exorcist – Who Possessed Regan MacNeil?
Upcoming posts for November 2017
Theming seems to be working well for me in terms of how I set out posts, so November is going to look something like this:
Week 1: My Projects & Random Stuff
Week 2: Anime
Week 3: Books
Week 4: Video Games
Books and Stories
I’m clearing out some old files, so there should be another old short story appearing this month, titled A Public Warning. This was written earlier this year and is a werewolf-ish thing.
Addict has now had more reviews on Goodreads than any other of my books. And the average rating is still hovering around four stars. I am happy with this. Book 2 in the series, The Fox, The Dog, and The King is still going through editing with NineStar Press. In the meantime, I’ve started work on book 3, LV48. I had to do a lot of research for that one as I’m using some tech that sort of exists already in law enforcement, and I wanted to see how I could increase the effectiveness without it risking taking the antagonist down every time they use it.
I’ve got lots of ideas running around my head right now. Some are destined to be sketches, some will be shirt designs, and then there’s the pixel art that may become the Spark Form Chronicles card game. Keep an eye on my DeviantArt for samples.
And … that’s about it right now. Thanks for reading, and I hope that you’ve all had a great October and have an awesome November to come.
4 thoughts on “Month in Review October 2017 / Projects Update November 2017”
Well October was a pretty good month: hopefully November will be too. Looming forward to your upcoming posts 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Erm…looking…not looming of course because that wouldn’t make sense 😂
LikeLiked by 1 person
LOL. I wouldn’t worry, I make so many typos like that myself 😁
Thank you though. There’s a lot lined up, so hopefully everyone will enjoy it.
LikeLiked by 1 person