Month in Review September 2017 / Projects Update October 2017October 2, 2017
Welcome, one and all, to Matt Doyle Media Dot Com’s September 2017 round-up/October 2017 projects update. So, what’s been going on? What’s still to come? Let’s find out!
As always, we’ll be kicking off with the month in review.
Postings for September 2017
This month, we’re going to start with a run-down of my top five most popular postings for the month.
5) Author Interview: E.M. Hamill & Author Interview: Bailey Ordiway – Two author interviews took the joint fifth spot this time around. Both are great people that were a pleasure to interview, so that’s good to see.
4) Crunchyroll of the Dice 2017 SF: Flip Flappers vs. Interviews With Monster Girls – This month’s Crunchyroll of the Dice takes the fourth place spot. This was an interesting battle with an unexpected outcome.
3) 30 Day Anime Challenge: #6 – Anime You Want To See But Haven’t Yet – This was nice to see as the 30 Day challenges are quite mixed for me in terms of questions, but I have been having fun doing them.
2) Book Review: A World Apart by Mel Gough – The first contemporary romance novel to be reviewed on the site takes the second place spot. Good read, and fun to review.
1) Addict (The Cassie Tam Files 1) – With book two on the way, this was excellent to see. Most of the reviews contiue to be positive too, so i’m happy.
Of course, those weren’t the only postings last month. The summary of all posts for September is as follows:
MY PROJECTS AND MISC STUFF
- Month In Review: August 2017/Projects Update: September 2017
- Cassie Tam Book 2: Announcement
- Way Cool Wednesday – 6 September 2017
- Interviews – AKA I’ve Been Rambling On On Other People’s Sites
- Top 5 … Crossover Cosplay
- Happy Star Trek Day!
- QSF: Re.New.Al Flash Fiction Anthology
- Bi Visibility Day 2017: Erasure
- RIP Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan: November 1, 1944 – September 17, 2017
- Crunchyroll of the Dice 2017 SF: Flip Flappers vs. Interviews With Monster Girls
- 30 Day Anime Challenge: #6 – Anime You Want To See But Haven’t Yet
- Manga vs. Anime: Flying Witch
- 30 Day Anime Challenge: #7 – Anime Crush
- 30 Day Anime Challenge: #8 – Your Favourite Anime Couple
- Author Interview: E.M. Hamill
- Book Review: Dali by E.M. Hamill
- Author Interview: Bailey Ordiway
- Book Review: A World Apart by Mel Gough
- Guest Post by Mel Gough: Twitter pitch parties – Your way to publication?
- 30 Day Gaming Challenge: #5 – Game Character You Are Most Like (Or Wish You Were)
- 30 Day Gaming Challenge: #6 – Most Annoying Character
- In Desperate Need Of Love: Tiny Toon Adventures – A Sporty 1994
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- 30 Day Gaming Challenge: #7 – Favourite Game Couple
Upcoming posts for October 2017
I’m continuing with both the idea of theming weeks and the aim of doing at least five posts a week, but we’ve got a little twist this month. You see, October features that special date when cosplay becomes common place: Halloween. So, each themed week will feature at least one post with a Halloween-ish theme. Then, on the day itself, we’ll have a special article about a classic horror film. So, with that in mind, Octoberis looking like this:
Week 1: My Projects & Random Stuff
Week 2: Anime
Week 3: Books
Week 4: Video Games
The week featuring the Halloween article straddles two months, so that’s going to be a break week for me. Which means that November’s postings will start on the 6th. As always, if something inspires me, I’ll throw it out there too.
Books and Stories
Expect a short story titled Skrip to appear later this week. It’s actually a slightly older tale that I’ve reworked. Outside of this, I’m working on stories as and when they come to me.
Addict continues to be mostly getting positive reviews. No major chart jumps this month, but that’s OK. Book 2 in the series, The Fox, The Dog, and The King is going through editing. There are some things that I wanted to discuss about the series as a whole, but I’m going to save that for when I have a release date.
Now … Fahrn … it sucks, but there are more delays here. I didn’t really go into the details during my last update, so I’ll say a little more this time. This was originally designed to be a novella of about the same length as GIFTS. That isn’t the case now. The more I re-read what I’d written, the more I realised that there was a lot of stuff that I needed to add. Those that have been with The Spark Form Chronicles from the beginning will know that I like to complicate things, and that there is a massive story going on there. By limiting this book to a shorter length, I would be cutting out a lot that really needs to be in there. So, it’s going to have some rewrites, and it’s going to be extended. The current plan is for it to be multi-POV again, bringing back all your surviving favourites from WICK and CARNIVAL. Where GIFTS was a fun little follow-on, this will be more in depth. I’m not anticipating ti being as long as the original duology, but there’s a fair bit to cover. So, sorry for the continued delays, but I want to make this the best book that it can be.
It’s experimentation time! I’m currently working on small portions of various materials to see what I can realistically use for different ideas. I may even get a video up about some of it if time and opportunity allows.
And … that’s about it right now. Thanks for reading, and I hope that you’ve all had a great August and have an awesome September to come.