Way back in March, I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Gihoon over at Gitopia. Thank you kindly, and I’m so sorry it’s taken so long to get around to this! Somehow, it just slipped my mind for a bit. D’oh!
Anyway, the rules are:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- List the Rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominee.
- Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three facts about myself … let’s see …
- Though I was born in the UK, my parents were born in the Republic of Ireland. As such, I am a UK/Eire Dual National. My last passport was Irish (though I can legally hold both a UK and Irish passport at once) and when it comes to international soccer, I support Ireland.
- I’m a workaholic. If I’m not doing something that I can view as meaningful in one way or another, it gets a bit difficult for me. I have certain life philosophies that help with this, but in general, I feel the need to be working on something most of the time. That explains why I take on so many projects, right?
- I love to entertain others. It was that that I enjoyed the most about my ten years in the wrestling industry, it’s what I enjoy most about writing and cosplay, and it’s something that I take pride in. If I can make someone smile, that’s job done as far as I’m concerned.
My questions from Gihoon:
- You can change plot of one of your favorite stories, what is that story and what did you change?
This is a hard one! Most of my favourites occupy that spot because I wouldn’t change anything, you see. Looking it from the standpoint of the next best thing though … I’ll say the Gunsmith Cats anime dub. I’ve not seen the subbed version, so I don’t know if this plot point exists therein, but I had a slight issue with the way Rally was represented. The creator of the manga confirmed that Rally is gay, but the dubbed anime has a couple of jibes that indicate that she’s straight. Representation is important, so why change this? It’s minor, but there you have it.
- You find out God is real and He tells you your race and sex is objectively better, what do you do with this information?
Set out to disprove it. I’m coming in to this from a standpoint that I believe in equality and, even if it was a deity saying otherwise, I would not be so quick to believe it. All people have strengths.
- What do you do at home if there was no internet or electricity?
That one’s easy. I read, draw, or write. Sounds simple, and it is. Electricity and the internet are a big part of my life in many ways, but I find plenty to do otherwise.
- What was best the moment where you went “oh boy, I’m a nerd”.
Heh … it was actually at my old job. I was discussing Chow Yun-Fat films and cryptozoology with a colleague and the looks we were getting from our other colleagues were wonderful.
- My weird funny/question: If Nintendo asked you to make a hentai game using their games, what would be the title of this game?
Oh my word … what to do with this one! Perhaps … ‘Warp Pipes, Wooden Swords and Whips’.
Right, on to the best blog post that I’ve done. This is difficult because I’ve had a couple of popular ones. I’m going to say — though. While I’ve technically written better posts since then, it was the first one that saw me stepping out of my comfort zone and it helped launch one of my more popular blog features. For the impact it’s had, that has to be my best.
Now, this is cheating slightly, but I’m not going to directly nominate anyone this time around. There are so many people that I could, and I’d feel bad about missing people off (and let’s be honest here, I’m bound to miss someone), so I’m doing this instead: I’m gonna leave five questions below. You are all invited to answer them as you see fit.
- If you could switch lives with any person for a day, who would it be and why?
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of anime?
- Which video game has remained a favourite for you for the longest?
- What animal have you never had the opportunity to have as a pet but would love to have as a pet?
- Silly question: which three fictional characters would you like to lock in a room together, purely to watch what happens?