So, this is a first for me! Jiraiyan over at Otaku Orbit has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. For that I give a big thank you!
Now, with great awards, comes great responsibility. As such, here be the rules and necessities.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees
7 Things About Me:
- Between September 2001 and October 2011, I was a pro wrestler right here in the UK. I got to tour with one of my absolute favourites of all time in Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts, and came through the same class that produced current UK standout Zack Sabre Jr (who is a lovely gent whom I always enjoyed working with).
- When it comes to video games, my favourite genres tend to be beat ‘em ups (both regular and scrolling) and platformers, though I can be tempted by a good paint and click. While there are exceptions, I do not in general enjoy FPS styled games.
- My current favourite manga are D.Frag!, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, and Black Lagoon. Both School-Live and Blood Lad are fighting to make the list though.
- While I’m currently known for writing the books WICK and CARNIVAL, I did previously work on a webcomic called Tales of the Winterborn. I’ve improved since then, but it was still fun.
- Over the years, I have (broadly speaking) been a part of a few different fandoms. While I rarely take part in any fandom activities outside the odd online posting, I did attend two Brony meet-ups, both of which were great fun. As yet, I haven’t been to any Furry or Sonic themed meets.
- I love to cosplay, in particular as female characters. While my crossplaying is generally well received, the one time that I cosplayed as a male character (Al from Dominion Tank Police), I actually received some verbal abuse.
- I tend to find things go in extremes for me in terms of writing for this site. Some times, I honestly will not have a clue what I want to write about, while other times, I’ll have five or six pieces in mind and be unable to figure out where to start. There is never a happy medium.
- Fujinsei – because the blog carnival is a fantastic idea, and one that we can all be grateful for 🙂
- The Otaku Judge – for having the uncanny ability to post about things that I keep looking at but never get around to researching