Merely one month on from my nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award, and I’ve been nominated for another one! This time, Matt in the Hat has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award, so a big thank you for that!
As usual, the rules are as follows:
- Display Award
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate ten bloggers
On to the 7 facts!
- I love to sing. Over the years, I’ve been a part of two bands, neither of which made it out of rehearsals and into a live setting, but there are so so-so recordings of me out there, as well as some relatively decent ones. As to what’s online though, there exists one thing: a guest spot I did during my brother’s charity gig 2007. I’ve posted the video below. I’m the one who isn’t playing guitar, and the song is ‘Psychopomp’ by Canada’s greatest Moroccan Roll Band, The Tear Party.
- In many ways, I tend not to grow-up. I am a great believer that there are ways that you really must grow-up in life, but when it comes to the fun stuff? Why should age be a barrier? As a result, I still read the Archie Imprint Sonic the Hedgehog comics based on the Saturday AM cartoon run, and thoroughly enjoy IDW’s current run of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Alopex is just plain awesome!)
- I used to absolutely love Point ‘N’ Click Adventure Games, and spent countless hours as a child on Discworld, Discworld II, Discworld Noir, and Sam ‘N’ Max. Playing the Five Nights At Freddy’s series makes me nostalgic for these games.
- I finished J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Silmarillion way back as a teenager. In truth, I only read the book because I enjoyed Blind Guardian’s Nightfall In Middle Earth concept album (which was based on the book) so much. Despite this, I only finished Lord of the Rings recently. I’d seen the films and gotten bored about half-way through The Two Towers (possible cause: attempting to watch all three extended cuts one after the other on an uncomfortable bean bag in my sister’s room), I vaguely recalled the old cartoon version, and I’d listened to and loved the BBC Radio adaption (fun fact, Frodo was played therein by Ian Holmes, the man that played Bilbo in the films), but not read the books. I have now done so and found them to be really quite wonderful.
- I can sometimes be found skulking around online playing Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend. This usually consists of me spending hours getting soundly whupped.
- I absolutely love animals with big, sticky-up ears. Fennec foxes, bat eared foxes, bats … all adorable! Big ears = cuteness.
- This is my favourite hat. It is warm, awesome, and makes people smile.
Now, this is cheating a little, but I don’t actually have any nominations. The reason for this is that the two blogs I wanted to nominate next were Takuto’s Anime Blog and The Well-Red Mage, both of whom were also nominated by Matt. D’oh! Ah well. So, sorry peeps! I didn’t see the need to double nominate.